Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zucchini Bread

I like to make this recipe a healthier sugar free one, so I put the subsitutes to the side that I use. My husband even actually likes this one!

1 1/2 cup flour (I use 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup white)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 beaten egg
1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup honey instead)
1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup cooking oil (I use 1/2 cup applesauce instead)

Grease bottom and sides 8x4x2 loaf pan. In medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking pwd, and nutmeg. Make well in center of mixture, set aside. In another bowl combine beaten egg, sugar, zucchini, and oil. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Bake 350* for 45 min.

No comments: