- 2 large Eggs
- 2 c Whole wheat flour
- 1 c Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Light oil (sunflower, corn)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c Fresh or frozen blueberries (without sugar)
1. Prepare muffin cups with oil or use paper or foil liners.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl beat eggs;then stir in applesauce and oil.
5. Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and beat until well mixed.
6. Gently stir in blueberries.
7. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
8. Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
9. Serve warm or cold.
10. These freeze well.
I think this is a recipe that came from my diabetic Grandma so I hope it works for you! I've never made them myself but I know I've eaten them and they were pretty good!