Friday, September 12, 2008

Chicken/Beef Pot Pie

While I'm posting, I'm going to do a few more outside of the theme. After years of searching for the right chicken pot pie recipe, I finally found it from my neighbor.

Chicken/Beef Pot Pie

1.2 c. chopped onion
6 Tbs. butter (I use less)
1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. chicken/beef broth (=2 cans)
3 c. cubed chicken/beef- cooked
1 c. each of carrots, potatoes, peas, cooked & drained- any veggies you like will work
1 Tbs. parsley flakes
Pie pastry for 1 crust
Evaporated milk or regular milk

In medium saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour & salt & brown. Stir in broth. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thick & bubbly.

Add meat, veggies, & parsley. Heat through. Taste & adjust seasonings. Pour into a casserole dish. Prepare pastry (I buy Pillsbury pie crusts). Place over mixture. Cut several slits in the top, turn edge under & crimp. Brush with milk. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: