- 5 cups Crispix cereal
- 3/4 cups chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
2. In a large saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. stirring constantly to melt butter and dissolve brown sugar; remove from heat. Add cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly. Spoon 4 1/2 cups of the mixture into prepared pan. Using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, spread and press the mixture firmly into bottom of pan to for an even crust. Freeze for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, spread remaining cereal mixture in an even layer on a cookie sheet or tray lined with buttered foil. Freeze, until needed
3. Spread softened chocolate ice cream evenly over cereal layer in baking pan; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove layered dessert from freezer. Quickly spread strawberry ice cream over chocolate ice cream. Remove cereal mixture from freezer; sprinkle atop strawberry ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Lift out of pan using foil. Cut into bars. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
We took some liberty and changed our ice cream flavors to banana split and vanilla...mmm mm good. But the crust was very rich. We also didn't have a lot of luck with the buttered foil in the 9x13. Next time I think we'll just grease a glass 9x13 and cut them in there.