- 1 1/3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes- undrained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 4 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice or couscous
Put everything but the artichoke hearts, olives and rice in crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. When chicken is cooked take out and shred. After returning shredded chicken to crockpot add artichoke hearts and olives. Serve over rice.
This was really good and so so easy. Next time I make it though I will be using regular sausage or no sausage at all. The turkey sausage was a little too sweet for me and didn't quite flow with the rest of the tastes, Jeremy thought the same thing. But other than that it was SO good.