Thursday, June 19, 2008
(Makes 6 Servings)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
10 oz frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
1 cup whipped low fat, frozen topping, thawed
1 In a medium bowl, blend the mayonnaise and cream cheese. Add the lemon juice and strawberries, 1/4 cup at a time.2 Fold in the whipped topping. Evenly divide the mixture into 6 fluted molds and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
Only has 4 Carbs & 3.2g of Sugar
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
15 chocolate and cream sandwich cookies (such as Oreo)
1 tablespoon milk
8 to 9 ice cream sandwiches, depending on size
1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
1 pint strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Coat bottom and side of a 9-inch round springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line side with waxed paper, using spray to help adhere to pan. Trim paper to height of pan.
2. Finely crush 12 of the cookies in a food processor. Add milk; pulse just until mixture holds together. Set aside.
3. Unwrap 4 ice cream sandwiches. Working quickly, cut each in quarters. Stack strips of sandwiches on end, packing them snugly together, around waxed-paper-lined pan. Repeat with remaining sandwiches to form a stand-up edge. Spoon cookie crumbs into center of pan; press firmly over bottom. Freeze 1 hour.
4. Remove all 3 flavors of ice cream or frozen yogurt from freezer and let soften for 15 minutes at room temperature. Transfer mint ice cream to a small bowl and stir until good but firm spreading consistency. Repeat with vanilla and strawberry. Remove pan from freezer. Spread mint ice cream on bottom, then top with vanilla and strawberry, spreading all layers level. Top with thawed whipped topping, swirling top decoratively. Crush remaining 3 sandwich cookies and sprinkle over cake. Return to freezer; freeze overnight.
5. To serve, remove side of pan, then waxed paper. Cut into wedges.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided (when measuring keep the strawberries whole)
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 8 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Shape foil onto outside of 8x4 inch loaf pan. Line inside of pan with shaped foil, with ends extending over sides of pan.
- Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Stir in condensed milk and juice
- Stir 2 cups of the whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Finely chop cookies. Combine cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture in pan.
- Cover cookie mixture with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm
- Invert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert.
- Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange on dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.
I got this recipe from the Kraft magazine. It sounds harder than it is. And I tried to download a picture but there was just a video so you can go to the Kraft website to see the picture or the video. It makes 12 servings.
Monday, June 16, 2008
This cake is really easy and fun to make, plus it has ice cream in it, what could be better??
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 4 hr 10 min Makes: 12 servings
*1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
*1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
*8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)
*12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
POUR fudge topping into medium bowl. Add 1 cup of the whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies; set aside.
ARRANGE 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; top with half of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. Frost top and sides of dessert with remaining whipped topping. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.
FREEZE at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftover dessert in freezer
You could also make a lot of substitutions with this such as using mint oreos, chocolate chip, chocolate or Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches, just be creative!
Frozen Lemon Pie
1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 half gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 can (12 ounce size) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Toss together crushed wafers and melted butter. Reserve 3 tablespoon mixture for topping; press remaining mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan. Combine ice cream and lemonade and mix well. Spoon ice cream mixture onto crust, top with reserved crumbs and freeze until firm.
Makes 8 servings.