Saturday, March 28, 2009

Raisin Bran Bread

This recipe doesn't go along with the theme, but I tried it out the other day and I thought it was really yummy!

2 cups raisin bran cereal, divided
1 1/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup margarine, divided
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar (I used honey)
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP sugar

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix 1 1/2 cups of the cereal, the milk and 2 Tbsp of the margarine. Let stand 1 minute. Add egg and the 3/4 cup sugar (or honey), mix well. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon until well blended. Spread into a 9x5 loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Mix remaining 1/2 cup of cereal, remaining margarine, and 1 Tbsp sugar (I left the sugar out) until well blended; sprinkle over batter. Gently press cereal mixture into batter. Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: