This is my friend Kristen's recipe. This makes four loaves so if you want you can freeze half or just half the recipe if you don't need as much.
* 5 C. hot tap water
* 4 T. Yeast
* 8 T. Sugar of 1/2 C. honey
* 4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 C. oil
* 12 C. flour
1. Mix ingredients, make dough stiff and let raise
2. Roll out 1/2 of dough like a jelly roll.
3. Cut rolled out section in half to make two loaves.
- repeat with other half of the dough
4. Place on greased pan dusted with cornmeal.
5. Make diagonal slits in the top of the loaves about 2 1/2 in. apart
6. Brush loaves with cold water and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional)
7. Bake @ 400* for 10 min, turn down oven to 350* and bake for 20 min more.
- To make crisp crust, half way through baking time, brush bread with cold water again.