- 2 1/2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 boneless pork butt or shoulder (about 2 1/2 lbs) , trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium if possible)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
2. Lay pork on work surface and sprinkle all side with spice rub; rub well into meat. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight if there is time!
3. Unwrap pork and place in slow cooker with chicken broth. Cover and cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker and cute into large chunks; let stand for 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
4. While pork is cooling, pour cooking liquid into fat separator. Pour defatted liquid into small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. Whisk in vinegar, ketchup, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar. Cook until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes; set aside.
5. Using forks or your hands pull meat into shreds, disguarding excess fat, and place in bowl. Stir in sauce. Place on buns and enjoy!!!