I just made this last night for a Christmas party and it was super easy and turned out pretty good!
-Crushed almonds, cashews , or peanuts to fill a 9 by 13 pan
- 2 cubes of butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. H2O
- 1 Tbsp. Corn syrup
- 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
- butter a 9 by 13 pan, scatter crushed nuts on bottom of pan
- combine butter, sugar, H2o and Corn syrup on stove top, heat until temp. reaches a hard crack stage, about 290.
- Pour mixture over nuts and spread out
- wait a couple of min for the toffee to harden then put chocolate chips on top. They should melt and then spread the chocolate over toffee.
- The toffee will harden fast, I put mine outside since I was short on time. After it is cooled you can break it up into pieces.
- If you wanted to do a cookie sheet you could double to recipe. This recipe is for a 9 by 13 pan.