Overnight Breakfast Cake
- 1/3 C Butter/Margarine softened
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar - 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C finely chopped pecans (opt) - 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (opt)
1.Cream Butter and sugars, add egg and mix well.
2.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and buttermilk with the creamed mixture
3. Spread into a greased 8" square baking pan
4. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight
6. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-45 min.
This is my mother in law Susan's recipe!
A cool little thing I learned is if you do not have buttermilk on hand you can substitute it by adding 1 Tbs vinegar or lemon juice + enough mil to make 1 cup. Anyways I have used this a ton.