Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baked Oatmeal

For this week's theme I have chosen breakfast foods. I love breakfast anytime of the day. This particular recipe comes from my sister-in-law Angela and my children love it!

1 C. oil
2 tsp. salt
1 C sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
1 TBS + 1 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
5 C. REGULAR oats
2 C. milk

Mix oil, salt ,sugars, baking powder, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and oats together until well blended. Slowly add milk and continue mixing until well incorporated. Grease a 9 by 13 pan with spray. Pour mixture into pan, cover and refrigerate overnight. Uncover in the morning and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Serve with peaches (fresh is the best but canned will do) and cream (I use whatever I have on hand milk, 1/2 & 1/2 or the best is cream). You will have a different consistency if the oatmeal does not sit overnight. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

hey Staci, this recipe is really good. I made it a couple days ago and I halved it. It ended up being plenty for us and Lucas loves it!