Thursday, April 3, 2008

Macaroni & Shrimp Salad

This salad is yummy, yummy, but my recipe makes A LOT. You'll have to cut it down to size by just using a little less of everything. This recipe is a "to taste" kind of recipe, add and subtract as you like. Or you could use this for a large portion to take to a reunion or other party (or just eat it for the whole week)!


Macaroni & Shrimp Salad


1 pkg of small salad macaroni pasta or small shells cooked
1 jar of miracle whip (you probably won't use it all)
1 jar of my mom's chili sauce (or you can use cocktail sauce or store bought chili sauce***I like chili sauce the best)
1 bunch of green onions...chopped
1 pound salad shrimp
2 cups cubbed cheese...give or take however much you'd like.
Season salt and pepper to taste


After you cook the pasta, I let it cool down a bit. I then add half of the miracle whip and chili sauce. Mix that around real well. I then add the shrimp, green onions and cheese. Add the pepper and season salt. If it looks dry, add more miracle whip and chili sauce, if not, eat and enjoy. The next day you will probably have to add more of the sauces to it as the sauces get absorbed. Sorry the amounts are so vague...this is how my mom bakes so I've had to learn like this too.

No comments: