Monday, April 7, 2008

Cheese and Veggie Soup

Comfort food from my mom's house. Mmmm...

2 bags of your favorite frozen veggies (I like the California mix veggies)
1/2 cup diced onion
3 quarts water
4 chicken bullion cubes
2 cubes margarine or butter
1 cup of flour
1 16 oz jar Cheese Whiz

  • Cook those veggies as it says on bag until they're tender. I used 2 quarts water and a can of chicken broth because I didn't have bullion cubes and it turned out just as delicious.
  • When veggies are nice and tender, pull out a frying pan and melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth and bubbly. Add slowly to veggies and water. Cook until it thickens. If it is too hot, the bottom will scorch, so watch it carefully.
  • Heat Cheeze Whiz in microwave a little bit. Add to your pot of soup. Mix well. I let it simmer on low, stirring occasionally, and it will thicken up nicely.
Make up some Rhodes rolls or a loaf. Delicious!

No comments: