Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tomato and Basil Baked Fish

  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • 3 slices whole wheat bread
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 firm mild white fish fillets (cod, flounder) about 1 1/3 lbs
  • 1/2 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes (or more)
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil

1. Heat oven to 375. Coat bottom of 13x9 pan with 1 Tbsp oil. Chop bread to form bread crumbs (I used my food processor).
2. Saute crumbs in remaining oil over medium -high heat. Stirring often, until they begin to brow. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until golden brown. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper.
3. Pat fish fillets dry; place skin side down in prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine tomatoes and bread crumbs; cover and top fillets with mixture. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Bake 20 to 25 min until fish flakes easily. Top with fresh basil.

* Thing I did different I used skinless tilapia fillets. And I used dried basil not fresh and then I mixed it in with the tomatoes. It was a really simple dish and super delicious.

No comments: