Sunday, October 4, 2009

Corn Bread


WOw! I don't know about you guys but I have been in a long search for the right cornbread. I have tried many that have turned out hard and crumbly. Let me tell you, my search has ended because I have found the one. I got this recipe off of Tasty Kitchens (http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/breads/cornbread-and-fluffy-honey-butter/comment-page-4/#comment-8511)
This cornbread is so moist and delicious and a perfect pair for chili or soup. I didn't have the marshmallow fluff to try the honey butter spread but I definitely want to try it, it sounds good:)
We had some homemade chili with this. I don't know if you guys have every made a chili base but it is so nice to have. I use Mrs. Wages pouches and all you have to do it puree tomatoes and mix the spices with it, cook for 20 min and then process in a water bath. I know you can get these packages at Wal-Mart. The nice thing about having this on hand is you can brown hambuger, add the sauce and some kidney beans and it tastes like you have had it stewing in a crockpot all day. Anyway, give it a try you wont be dissapointed. (http://www.mrswages.com/Page/Chili_Seasoning_Sauce.aspx?nt=435)

Corn Bread
  • ½ cups Cornmeal
  • 1-½ cup Flour
  • ⅔ cups Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ⅓ cups Oil
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
  • 2 whole Eggs Beaten
  • 1-¼ cup Milk
  • FOR HONEY BUTTER:
  • 2 sticks Butter, Softened
  • ½ cups Honey
  • ½ cups Marshmallow Fluff

Mix dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny, but don’t be alarmed!). Bake in an 8″ square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9×13-inch pan.

To make honey butter, whip honey butter ingredients together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened).

No comments: