Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pizza Hut Crust

I know this week's theme is canning, but I just made this pizza dough the other night and was AMAZED at how easy it was so I thought I had better share! I got it from my sister's neighborhood cookbook.

  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp yeast
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp butter (slightly softened)
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp oregano
Mix water, sugar and yeast; let stand until yeast rises (about 5 minutes). Add the remaining ingredients; knead for 10 minutes. Let rise until doubled. Roll out and add pizza toppings. Bake 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees.
I made mine in the Kitchen Aid and it was a snap! It makes enough for about 2 pizzas, I made mine in a big jelly roll pan. Jeremy even ate his crusts which never happens so it must be pretty good!

No comments: