- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 loaf Italian bread (14 oz), cut into cubes (about 1 inch)
- 1/2 lb sliced deli ham, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2 % milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh or freeze dried chives
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1. Heat oven to 375. Coat a 2 quart oval baking dish with nonstick spray (I used a 9x13)
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook another 3 minutes.
3. Place bread cubes in a large bowl stir in broccoli-onion mixture and the ham.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chives, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture, stirring to mix. Transfer to prepared dish and top evenly with cheese.
5. Bake at 375 for 40-45 min or until strata registers 160 on an instant read thermometer.
I got this from the magazine Family Circle. We really enjoy this at our house, I've made it a couple times now the changes I made were: I use whatever kind of broccoli I have on hand, I also use whatever ham I have around and I've only used 1% milk and it still turned out fine both times!