- 1 1/2 cups multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkg (9 oz) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 jar (14.5 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 oz (1/4 of 8 oz pkg) Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water the last minute. Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium -high heat 3 min. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 3 min or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel. Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2 qt casserole or 8-inch square baking dish. Bake 20 min; top with remaining cheese. Bake 3 min or until mozzarella is melted.
I got this recipe from Kraft.