- 4 cups low sodium beef stock
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked roast beef cut into strips
- 6 oz soba (buckwheat) noodles, broken in half
- 1 1/3 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1. Bring stock & soy sauce to boil on medium- high heat. Stir in beef and noodles. Return to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Add carrots and broccoli. Simmer 12-15 more minutes, then stir in spinach and cilantro. Simmer 2 more minutes.
This was a hit at our house. The buckwheat noodles I bought this time had yams in them and the kids loved them. They are usually in the Asian section. I also added a bit of lime juice to my bowl and thought it was a nice touch! And I used steak instead of roast this go round and it worked just as well if not better than when I made it with leftover roast.