- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pea pods, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Place the potatoes in a large skillet, add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Lay salmon fillet on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with the apple juice and dill.
2. Simmer on low, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork. Add the peas, cover and simmer for an additional 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove the skin from the salmon and break the fish into bite size chunks.
3. Mix the lemon juice and cornstarch, then carefully stir into the salmon mixture. In crease the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Season with salt if desired.
*Changes I made: I used frozen pea pods that I had thawed and I used salmon portions that were already skinned (Costco has great salmon!)