Friday, February 26, 2010

Beckys' Best Pizza Crust

So one of my cousins wives is SO talented. She has competed in the Pillsbury Bake Off.
She created this recipe and was nice enough to pass it on to me.
For baking this pizza you need a 15" air pan (it has holes in it) I bought mine at Smith's
This makes 2-15" pizzas.

1 cup WARM water (make sure it is warm I have killed the yeast, it seems to happen easily with this recipe)
1 TBSP Yeast
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
Let yeast, sugar SOFTEN for a few min.
11/4 cup warm water
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup Parmasean cheese (the powdered kind)
1/4 cup corn meal
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1tsp. Salt
2 cups Whole Wheat flour
2 cups white flour

After the yeast has softened, add the WET ingredients then the DRY, Mix well about 5 min.
Rest 10 min, before rolling out split into two balls.

I heat the pan up a little before I put the dough onto it and don't forget to SPRAY THE PAN WITH PAM BEFORE PUTTING THE DOUGH ON.
Spray some tin foil with Pam and cover pizza if the top tends to cook faster.

COOK ON 550* (YES THAT IS RIGHT) FOR 10 MIN.
ON THE LOWEST SETTING JUST ABOVE THE ELEMENT, (She says sometimes she cooks it right on the element)

No comments: