Monday, March 16, 2009

Stove Top Chicken Casserole

With Baby #3 coming, I wanted to stock up on freezer meals so when I don't want to cook, we can still have something yummy. I need to write these recipes down so I can return the cookbook :). I hope someone else enjoys these too...

1 Box stuffing mix
1/2 Cube butter
2 C chicken, cooked and diced
2 Cans Cream of chicken soup
1 C milk
2 large stalks of celery washed and sliced

Melt butter. Stir into entire package of stuffing, turning to coat as evenly as possible. Reserve 1/2 of mixture and set aside. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with the stuffing.

Mix all of the other ingredients together and pour over the top of the stuffing. Use the reserved stuffing mix to sprinkle over the top of the casserole. If freezing; cover with foil and freeze. Otherwise, cover and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover the last 10 minutes of baking. Good with rice or mashed potatoes.

No comments: