Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Zucchini Soup

This is my new FAVORITE soup, it is sooo easy and sooo good.
We call it Fish Pond casserole at my house. Yea, I know that sounds gross, but my children will eat soup if you call it casserole with sauce on it. Why the Fish pond. We put Fishy crackers on top!

Saute until tender:
2 medium zucchini chopped
1 medium onion chopped
2 Tb parsley fresh or dried
1 tsp basil
1/3 C. butter

Stir in:
1/3 C. flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Stir in then bring to a boil for 2 minutes:
3 C. water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tsp lemon juice

Add, then bring to a boil:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can evaporated milk
1 pkg. corn or 1 can drained
(try the Wal-mart brand no salt added canned corn; it tastes fresh)

Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes

Just before serving Add:
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
2 C. shredded Cheddar

Garnish with fresh parsley (if you are classy) or Fishy Crackers (if you are me)

No comments: