- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast or bottom round roast, trimmed of fat
- 6 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large turnip peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
1. Heat oven to 325. In Dutch oven (the pot kind not the camping kind), heat oil over high heat, add roast, and brown all sides, about 3 minutes per side, turning as necessary.
2. Add vegetables. Pour marinara sauce and broth over meat and vegetables and bring to a boil. Cook in oven 3 hours, covered. Let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
I thought there was there a little bit more liquid than there should have been but other than that it was a nice variation!