- 2 small lemons
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 whole chicken (3 lbs)
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grate 1/2 tsp lemon peel, set aside. Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice into small bowl. Set aside lemon halves for later use. Add BBQ sauce and seasoning to the lemon juice; mix well. Place chicken in baking pan. Place 2 of the lemon halves and the garlic cloves inside the cavity of chicken. Rub skin of chicken with remaining 2 lemon halves and discard. Tie legs together with kitchen twine.
2. Bake 1 hour 45 mins or until chicken is cooked through, brushing with the BBQ sauce mixture every 5 min during the last 20 min of baking time. Sprinkle with reserved lemon peel during the last 5 min.
3. Prepare stuff mix as directed on package. Place in 1 1/2-qt baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover. Place stuff in oven during the last 30 min. of chicken baking time.
4. Remove chicken from oven, discard lemon halved and garlic cloves from chicken cavity. Serve chicken with stuff and fat skimmed chicken drippings if desired.
I got this recipe from the Kraft magazine and it is really good. The lemon adds the perfect little zing of flavor!