- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine or spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package sliced mushrooms (a can works too)
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 tsp thyme
1. Mix 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper in a dish. Evenly coat chicken in mixture.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp bitter in skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken, turning once 10 min or until thoroughly cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 3 min or until tender. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 min. Add 1/3 cup broth and cook 1 min scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Add broth and thyme. Bring to boil over high heat, then continue boiling, stirring frequently until sauce is thickened, about 2 min. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.