Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Rolls aka "Ressurection Rolls"

So my friend was telling me about this cool idea for an Easter treat that her family has always done. My mother in law came down this weekend and we tried it out and it was pretty fun, super easy and she is going to use it for an object lesson for her primary class. I think this would also make a fun FHE on Easter. I know there are a couple of ways to do this. You can either search the internet and use your own dough or you can be like me and use Rhoades Rolls:)

- Package of large marshmallows
- Package of Rhoades Rolls ( we used white texas rhoades rolls)

Thaw out rolls, take a marshmallow and wrap the roll around it so it is completely covered. Cook rolls according to directions on bag. Let cool and eat.

So what happens is the marshmallow melts during the baking process thus resulting in a hollow roll (empty tomb) It is pretty cool and lots of fun, let me know if you try it. I think they taste best warm but they are easier to cut when cooled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound cute, but were they any good? A marshmallow inside a bread roll doesn't sound too appetizing.

J-Babe said...

Yes it was really good, especially warm, try it out and see!