Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Caramelized Beef Skewers



Mmmnn.. I love to grill, the food always seems to taste so good! I tried this recipe tonight and it was excellent. Steve gave it two thumbs up:) I really liked it because I had all the ingredients on hand. We are also big A-1 steak sauce people so when I saw it was in the recipe I had to try it. This came from Kraft.

Caramelized Beef Skewers

1 lb beef (sirloin works best) steak, thinly sliced
1/4 C. A-1
1/4 C BBQ sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard

Marinate steak in 2 T. steak sauce and BBQ sauce. ( I did a lot more than that, I did about 1/8 of a cup of each) I marinated mine for about 4-5 hours, it would have probably been even better if I did it overnight.

Make sauce mixture using 2 T of steak and BBQ sauce and 1 tsp. Dijon mustard set aside for grilling.

Grill skewers until steak is cooked through, turning about every 3 minutes and brushing generously with the sauce mixture.

A tip using wooden skewers: soak them in water for about 30 min. so they do not burn.

No comments: