- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes
- 2 medium yellow or zucchini squash
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
1. Cut potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once.
3. Cut squash lengthwise in half. Cut beef steak and squash into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine beef, squash, potatoes and 1/3 cup sauce in large bowl; toss. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto metal skewers.
4. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes
That is the true recipe, I did do a couple thing differently (or will being doing them differently next time). I did about twice the meat and veggies, I did not double the sauce and still had plenty. I peeled the potatoes and next time I will microwave them a little less, they were too soft and ended up falling off the skewers. I also used yellow squash and zucchini and it was great! And I used bamboo skewers and just soaked them in water while I was preparing the rest of the stuff and they worked just fine...no fires to report :)